- To enter, submit 200 word story and picture to email@example.com. There is no entry fee, no purchase necessary. The 2021 contest deadline is 15 February 2021 at midnight.
- Entries must be received by (15 February 2021 at midnight). Hooked Magazine takes no responsibility for lost entries.
- Entries must be in colour. The subject must be under 18 years of age. Moderate digital adjustment (colour correction, cropping, sharpening, etc) is acceptable, but any image with a watermark or signature will be automatically disqualified. Winners will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so winning pictures can be published. Digital entries can be uploaded electronically as jpg files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital files must be at least 2MB in size. Maximum file size: 6MB
- Parent or legal guardian is required to fill out a consent form which will be supplied to the winner.
- By submitting the image, the photographer grants to Hooked magazine and its Photo Contest Sponsor the right to publish the photographer’s winning entry along with the photographer’s name for marketing and promotional purposes. The photographer will not receive further compensation for such publication. Winners also agree that without further payment, their winning photograph entry may be used in print or electronic form to promote future photo contests by Hooked magazine and/or its Sponsors. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photograph by Hooked magazine raises no legal claims. The photographer must own all rights to any photographs entered in this contest.
- Photographs previously published in any print publication, in full or in part, will be disqualified.
- Professional and semi-professional photographers (any photographers who earn more than $5,000 a year selling their photographs) are not eligible to enter.
- The names of the winners, and as many of their photographs as space permits, are scheduled to be published in the March 2021 issue of Hooked magazine. Before being awarded a prize, each winning photographer will be required to sign an agreement declaring that: (a) he or she doesn’t work as a professional; (b) the photograph submitted is his or her original work; (c) the photograph was taken at the location specified on the entry form.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. If prizes cannot be mailed, winners are responsible for picking up their prizes at the Hooked Magazine office in Winnipeg MB.
ELIGIBILITY: The Hooked Photo Contest is open to any amateur photographer, except employees or vendors of Hooked magazine and prize-sponsoring companies, judges, and their immediate families.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel of Hooked magazine contributors. The decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be notified by telephone or e- mail.
By submitting the online entry form, the photographer consents to the entry of his or her submission and agrees to abide by the contest rules.